Thursday, February 20, 2014

Extreme Over-Sharing

This week has been a truly crazy week for Roman and I. (Prayers are much appreciated for Roman; he’s got some sort of infection and is feeling really bad. Hopefully the antibiotics and the shot he got today from the doctor will start kicking in soon!)
But there are some things that are too funny not to share…..
I walked past an office earlier this afternoon and overheard a snippet of a conversation between two of my co-workers:
“Oh yea, I’ve got to show you that picture of my grandmother’s gallbladder that she had removed….”

……..
:/

O.o

I just…..I just don’t know.

I mean, I know we work together for long hours every day of every week. I know that sometimes our co-workers can start to feel like family. I know that we tend to over-share on things that really need to stay within our own personal lives. But really? Why would anyone ever ever ever want to see a picture of their co-worker’s grandmother’s gallbladder that was surgically removed? And more importantly, why do you have a picture of it on your phone in the first place???

The office world is a strange, strange place. Very strange, indeed.


In Him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in Him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of His glory.” ~Ephesians 1:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment